You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: There are no bad days when camping

Making it work with a baby/toddler
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Home on Wheels -> Making the RV HomeMessage format

ranchgrl
Posted 2013-05-15 5:49 PM (#7731)
Subject: Making it work with a baby/toddler

I could really use some advice from those of you who have been there! I have a 15 month old son and am very worried about what our sleeping arrangements will be when we move into our camper full time in a couple of weeks. We have a 5th wheel that has 3 bunk beds in the back. The bottom bunk is really just on the floor and it goes up from there. I had considered putting him in the middle bunk with a toddler bed rail, but the rails aren't stable enough and when he pushed on it the rail started to come out and he would have fallen out if I wasn't there.
Now I'm considering the very bottom bunk but would need to come up with something to put in front on the opening to keep him from getting out and wandering all night. Any ideas would be so appreciated!
We also have a couch that folds out into a bed, but it presented similar problems with how to keep him in it.
Unfortunately he's too big now for a portacrib, so that's out.
He's a crier so I'm already worried about him keeping everyone including his 3 yr old sister up all night and how we are going to deal with that, it would be wonderful if I didn't have to worry so much about sleeping arrangements.
Thanks everyone!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
libranbutterfly
Posted 2013-05-17 11:33 AM (#7733 - in reply to #7731)
Subject: Re: Making it work with a baby/toddler

How/where does he sleep in your stick house? I am still in a stick house but have encountered most sleep problems with my kids so I may be able to help find a solution. I may forget to come back here right away, so I will message you my email address
ranchgrl
Posted 2013-05-17 12:43 PM (#7736 - in reply to #7733)

He sleeps in a crib in his own room. He is 15 months so we'd expected he'd be sleeping through the night by now (my daughter certainly was) and that it wouldn't be a big deal to figure out what to do with him. Boy was I wrong!
libranbutterfly
Posted 2013-05-17 4:46 PM (#7738 - in reply to #7736)

I would probably try a crib mattress on the floor in your room if possible to start. (If no room you can use a pool float) Then once he gets used to no sides you can move him into the bottom bunk. Baby-proof the whole camper and lock the doors. He probably wont go too far in the dark. My 14 month old shares a room with my 6 and 8 year olds and usually shares a bed too. If she wakes at night she may wander her room a minute but it doesnt disturb anyone else and she goes back to bed. If she wakes up after the sun is up she knocks on the door, I get her and she snuggles with me til wake up time. It may take awhile, but hopefully he will be more worn out from playing and wont fight it too.much.

Edited by libranbutterfly 2013-05-17 4:49 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software