You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "You can never go home again, but the truth is you can never leave home, so it's all right." - Maya Angelou

Turtle
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Home on Wheels -> PetsMessage format

libranbutterfly
Posted 2012-12-08 6:42 PM (#7672)
Subject: Turtle

We currently have a chihuahua and a red eared slider turtle. We will not be bringing the dog, but do plan on keeping the turtle with us. He currently is in a 10 gallon aquarium, about 1/3 full of water. he has a filter, day light, night light, and water heater hooked up. Any tips on travel?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
raw
Posted 2013-01-06 5:01 PM (#7681 - in reply to #7672)
Subject: RE: Turtle

Hi there, we too have been the proud owners and caretakers of red eared sliders - at one point I cared for over a hundred little guys that had been abandoned by previous owners.
We have been living on and off the road for all of my life - nearly four decades.

I would say that a turtle can do very well as you travel, especially if he is cool with less than 1/3 water in the tank so now splishing and sploshing as you bounce a long the road. Needless to say the less bouncy the ride the better!

So, air bags and less traveling will make the big difference.

A back up power supply like one might use for a computer is also probably needed if you are heading anywhere North where that heat lamp is a necessary staple.

We wish that we had taken our two personal turtles with us when we first set out, it would have made life easier on the kids, and me too, frankly.

Ask me any specifics you like!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software