You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: He who would travel happily must travel light. Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Fire damaged Class A?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Home on Wheels -> MechanicalMessage format

bunchofyoders
Posted 2012-07-05 8:46 AM (#7517)
Subject: Fire damaged Class A?

We got a lead on a class a with 18k miles that was gutted inside due to a fire. The outside is fine, and we are wanting to design and build our own interior anyway (tnought of finding a bus) so the fact that it's gutted is no problem. They want $3,000 for it and my husband is very excited about the prospect. He's worked in the RV/mfg housing industry for years, and has extensive electrical experience, which is a plus. I'm just curious if anyone on here has had any experience with renovating a fire damaged coach and what advice you could give?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Collierx6
Posted 2012-07-06 4:19 PM (#7524 - in reply to #7517)
Subject: Re: Fire damaged Class A?

I haven't, but it sounds like you two would be the ones to give it a try!!!
bunchofyoders
Posted 2012-07-06 10:42 PM (#7529 - in reply to #7524)
Subject: Re: Fire damaged Class A?

I like the idea of designing it to suit our family, because we are not the "typical" American family at all. Take the kitchen, for example. I cook from scratch, buy in bulk...I probably wouldn't be able to do as much of that since weight is a consideration, but would still want to bring along wheat, oats and rice. So, I would need to have specific storage solutions. We want solar power. We homeschool. And I want it to look like "us", not every other motorhome that rolls off the assembly line! I don't know the extent the of fire damage, and wonder if it still smells like fire and how hard it would be to eliminate that odor. Of course, we have to actually GET the thing first I guess LOL
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software