You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.” (Matsuo Basho)

Storage & Personalizing the RV
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Home on Wheels -> Making the RV HomeMessage format

MaryB69
Posted 2012-06-20 10:16 AM (#7503)
Subject: Storage & Personalizing the RV

Right now we have a pop-up camper, but since there are 5 of us, we're looking into buying a larger pull behind travel trailer. We're not sure what size we'll need, but we know we need something larger than what we have. Also, how do you store everything you need in the kitchen space & bedroom spaces? I have absolutely no clue how to go about organizing everything that we know we'll need until we buy a bigger rv. This is all so overwhelming!! I've been trying to go through things & weed out what we don't need (either pitching, giving away or selling). Any ideas?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MaryB69
Posted 2012-06-20 11:17 AM (#7504 - in reply to #7503)
Subject: Re: Storage & Personalizing the RV

Also, we have 3 kids (daughter 4, son 6, and son almost . I'm trying to figure out which toys we need to keep and which ones to part with. It's hard making decisions like this, although we do live in a 3 bedroom mobile home so we're in a way downsized already.
Collierx6
Posted 2012-07-06 4:08 PM (#7522 - in reply to #7503)
Subject: Re: Storage & Personalizing the RV

Sorry for the late reply.
I have found several unique ways to utilize space in a smaller RV. I JUST found a cubby holder that soft sided containers fit into AT DOLLAR GENERAL, (Ones at Wal Mart and K mart are too big) For visual reference The containers are about the size of a 12 pack, and the container stacks 3 tall and 2 across. This fits absolutely perfect between the doorway and back seat of the passenger seat. Over the door hangers to hold pot holders, towels, etc and I have utilized "S" hooks to hang misc stuff from. If it is not use all the time (as mine isn't) I bought 2 shower curtain spring rods , (the inexpensive kind) and it fits across the shower. One I can hang clothes on, (to dry if needed) and the other (the way my bathroom is layed out) I can place 4 rolls of toilet paper on it.
Under the couch is open space, so I have turned it into additional can storage so I can stock a little more during peak sales times at the stores.
As for clothes, I try to buy a season in advance, when I can get it at a reasonable price. Then, at the end of the season, I can donate it, or toss it out. Good luck. You will find your groove!!!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software