You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.

Light it up Blue!!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> S'More FunMessage format

bbsis
Posted 2012-03-24 7:08 PM (#7402)
Subject: Light it up Blue!!

Hi I am wanting to share an event and not real sure were to post it, so I will put it here. I have a 12 year old DS with an autism spectrum diorder(ASD) and there is an event happening on April 2 to kick off autism awareness month!! It is called "Light it up BLue". WE are planning to put up blue lights around our camper to celebrate it!! What it is is we put out blue lights or wear something blue that day to show our support and bring awareness to this disorder. My goal is to bring diversity to my community and family. Not all autistics are alike, as a matter of fact none of them are. Some are silent and in their own wolrds closed off from those around them. The other extreme is were my DS fits. He talks and loves to touch things to identify them, he also hugs us, but only us. The symbol for autism is a puzzle piece. It represents that we are waiting until the pieces fit!! So I would like to encourage all of you who can to Light it up with us.. I would love to hear about what you might do to join us. Pictures are welcome, and I will also post some if I can figure out how! May you be blessed!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
featherstory
Posted 2012-04-24 1:18 AM (#7416 - in reply to #7402)
Subject: Re: Light it up Blue!!

Great! Thanks for sharing, I'll see what I can do in these last few days of April.
Pdemichiel
Posted 2012-05-01 8:11 PM (#7418 - in reply to #7416)
Subject: Re: Light it up Blue!!

Thanks for this great information. i will be sure to wear blue in support of Autism Awareness.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software