You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope. Sir Winston Churchill

internet access
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Working on the Road -> What do you do?Message format

zasmommy
Posted 2011-07-26 10:59 AM (#6840)
Subject: internet access

I have a couple online jobs and hope to continue them when we start traveling. I'm wondering what some people
do for internet?

One of the jobs I can't do from public wifi spots. I'm looking into mifi and mobile options but know very little about them so not sure what will give me the most for the money. I also have a tablet and kids have devices that connect. Something that can connect several devices at once while traveling would be great.

Jenn

Edited by zasmommy 2011-07-26 11:00 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
margielundy
Posted 2011-07-28 12:06 AM (#6846 - in reply to #6840)
Subject: Re: internet access

We use an AT&T aircard with a router, so we can all connect. We use campground wifi whenever possible (and don't always believe them when they say they have it!) Sometimes they don't, sometimes it's just weak, sometimes it's only in a clubhouse, etc. We call ahead to check on their wifi, but always have a backup plan. Many national parks and remote places (that we happen to love of course) don't have a cell signal, so we have to drive to get connected.
Marrs Family
Posted 2011-11-12 10:57 PM (#7151 - in reply to #6840)

We do the same thing as the Lundys' - we have a Verizon 3G Card inserted in a wireless wifi router. It makes the coach a hot spot all the time
We are lucky, we got our Internet back when it was unlimited, so we leave it on all the time. Now Verizon limits you to 2GB max. That's OK for Internet surfing and working, but we like to stream movies!
joyfull
Posted 2011-11-13 8:24 PM (#7152 - in reply to #7151)

We just upgraded to the Verizon MiFi that can run up to 5 devices. I LOVE it. We pay $80 for 10G a month. We can switch from between 5G-10G at anytime. With 5 of us using it though, I'm sure we will use it up each month. We use the internet for a lot of school stuff & DH uses it for work. So far, everywhere we have been, it has been really fast!
raw
Posted 2012-05-22 1:19 PM (#7442 - in reply to #6840)

We have the Verizon MiFi that we have an $80 a month contract for. We went a few hundred dollars over that by uploading photos onto the internet. Didn't realize how expensive that would be. SO PAINFUL. SO SAD!! BE CAREFUL GUYS!
raw
Posted 2012-05-22 1:20 PM (#7443 - in reply to #6840)

PS I hear TMobile doesn't charge for overages, they just slow you down when you go over!! MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software