You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: And that's the wonderful thing about family travel: it provides you with experiences that will remain locked forever in the scar tissue of your mind. Dave Barry

Car Seats
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Home on Wheels -> Making the RV HomeMessage format

mtaviator
Posted 2011-07-07 3:45 PM (#6784)
Subject: Car Seats

Hello ~

I am new to the forum here. Our family is interested in heading out on the road for awhile. Our house is going up for sale next week. As of yet, we have not settled on an rv. We are definitely interested in a Class C. We are renting one next week and will be using it out on the road for approx a week. That should give us a good idea if we like the Class C concept. The big issue for us is Car Seats. We will have two in car seats. Ages are 4 years old (boy) and 1 years old (girl). Of course, the 1 year old is still rear facing. Has anyone made modifications to a Class C to accommodate the installation of car seats? We are looking for a way to actually secure straps to the metal/frame of vehicle not just the wood dinette. Any ideas/suggestions on this matter are greatly appreciated. For next weeks rental we are actually going to be driving our vehicle behind daddy in the motorhome - thought that was the safer option for now till we figure out the car seats.

Also, we have been looking in the neighborhood of a 31 ft motorhome. But, none of these have bunk beds. I go back and forth on whether we should be looking for something that will work for just now or for long term. We have already owned a small 19 ft TT and quickly outgrew that when we had baby #2. Granted we are not going to have anymore children but obviously their needs change over the years. Do you worry about providing them both with individual space? or just all crowd in and be one big happy family

Thanks in advance of all comments ...

Top of the page Bottom of the page
igel9
Posted 2011-08-13 10:21 PM (#6875 - in reply to #6784)
Subject: Re: Car Seats

I'm very curious about what others do about car seats. We traveled with 7 kids (6-15 yrs old), in a Van Hool bus, and did not require car seats or seat belts, except the front passengers, which were the only 2 seat belted positions in the vehicle... although we wouldn't even think about traveling in our 12 psgr van without everyone buckled in seat belts and car seats (have 3 in car seats).

What does everyone else do?
libranbutterfly
Posted 2012-12-08 2:43 PM (#7671 - in reply to #6784)
Subject: Re: Car Seats

I know this is old but I wonder as well. I used to be a child passenger safety technician, and will not have my kjds in any moving vehicle not properly. I have also seen rv crash footage, and all the stuff went flying, cabinets even came off the wall! So i think our plan is for a trailer so that we can be safe in the tow vehicle. DH was in a wreck yesterday, and his car is probably totaled, but he still isnt 100% on the rv idea, so we wont have a tow vehicle til we replace my van. He will probably be getting a small car since he delivers pizza. He wants a class a but they dont often come with bunks, are way out of our price range, and dont habe proper seats for the kids. plus the whole loose stuff problem.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software