You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. St. Augustine

One Thing?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Home on Wheels -> Making the RV HomeMessage format

Passelofkids
Posted 2011-04-26 6:55 PM (#6530)
Subject: One Thing?

What is the one thing you decided to take with you on the road and glad you did?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Collierx6
Posted 2011-05-23 4:30 PM (#6644 - in reply to #6530)
Subject: Re: One Thing?

Oh, that is a tough one! I don't think I could just pick just one. There are several things that I took, and really glad I did. Things like my slow cooker, or electric blanket come to mind. One thing that I used on our last trek out, more than I first imagined, was "disposable 1/2 pans". They ran me .22 each at Sams Club, and I was able to cook stews and casseroles, and not have to hassle with trying to wash the messy dish afterwards. I was able to create some very delicious and inexpensive dishes without a huge mess to clean up afterwards. It was a real blessing for the budget!
I'll try to think of any others....
igel9
Posted 2011-08-13 10:28 PM (#6876 - in reply to #6530)

Something we took, and didn't think we HAD to have, but are glad we did was the Big Berkey Water Filter. It could handle any water coming in and it tasted great- even that crappy water in Daytona Beach... I adhered the base ring to the counter top with the spigot hanging over the edge and it didn't move the whole year. Now, it's back in our house and serving up to 10 gallons a day. We've had it for about 10 years now and are happy that we kept it part of the family during the trip.
bunchofyoders
Posted 2012-07-05 11:52 AM (#7519 - in reply to #6876)

Hi there,

I'm new on fotr, we're in the planning stages (as in don't even have a rig yet......). Just searched for Berkey water filters to see what other families' experiences are. We have a big Berkey and LOVE it. I know already that we will not leave that lovely thing behind! Currently on city water (blech) so we have the arsenic and fluoride filters too, delicious water. I'll wait for the thing to filter before I'll drink tap water lol.

Anyway, wondering how you adhered your Berkey to the counter in a manner that allows you to take it off? Did you travel with water in it, or empty it and take off the top portion first? I've never traveled in an RV before so not sure what to expect. I'd be afraid it would come apart somehow.

And, I want to heartily recommend the Berkey to any fotr!! I'm not affiliated in anyway or get any kickbacks lol, just a very, very, very happy Berkey owner. Love that it can filter any kind of water.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software